Relocation Mumbai - FRRO Office
One of the most important things an Expatriate has to do once he is coming for a long term stay is to register with the FRRO office. Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO). This must be done in 14 days of arrival or else you attract a penalty fee.
The Foreigner’s regional registration office (FRRO) in Mumbai is located at the following address and it is very easy to get around there.
Officer of the commissioner of police Annex 11
OFFICE: 3rd floor, Badruddin Tayabji Marg,
Behind ST. Xavier College, Near Victoria Terminus
Office Timings - Mon- Fri
10:00 AM to 2:00PM
Tel 22620111 / 22620446 - Ext: 270
What is FRRO for?
- It is a registering authority for all Foreign Nationals who are relocating to India.
- The FRRO office functions like a division of a police department and you need to come in person here to register.
- The FRRO office by virtue of this registration tracks your coming and going out of the Country.
- The FRRO permit document which is like a small booklet enables you to book the Airline Tickets and Hotels at the domestic fares etc. and at the same time bonafides that you are now a resident of India.
It is best to use help of an Agent who may be referred by your relocation agent, your company or any other expatriate. The charges for the same do not exceed more than Rs.2000/- all inclusive.
This fee is waived off for all Expats who transact with www.realestatemumbai.com for their relocation needs and we arrange to get the same done with the help of an experienced agent of our own.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER???
- Any foreigner who enters India on a visa valid for 180 days or less and wishes to stay in India for a period of more than 180 days.
- Any foreigner who enters India on a visa valid for a period of more than 180 days.
No registration is required if a foreigner visit India on a visa valid for 180 days or less and does not wish to extend his stay in India beyond this period.